In Bloomberg, you can complete multiple tutorials which can lead to certificates. To complete these you are required to sign up on Bloomberg terminal in the Lab | Instructions.
- Bloomberg Market Concepts: Economic Indicators, Currencies, Fixed Income, Equities.
- Terminal Basics: Learn to navigate the Bloomberg terminal
- Commodities: Learn the fundamentals of commodities with a focus on oil.
- Equity Options: Learn the unique language that is used.
- Portfolio Management: Learn the role of a Portfolio Management and the tools available on Bloomberg.
- S&P Capital IQ offers training videos to help users better understand and navigate their platform. Follow this link for more information.
- Lastly, S&P Capital IQ has number of online webinars about the platform itself, or specific industries (e.g. Energy, Metals & Mining, Real Estate, etc.). Follow this link for more information.
- SPG offers a Cap IQ Pro cerfication. While our uOttawa offers Cap IQ and not the Pro version, the tutorial could offer interesting tips.
In Factset you can also complete multiple Factset Essentials tutorials which can lead to certificates. You must first create a Factset account followed by a Factset Learning account | Instructions.
- Core Products: Teaches you how to use its industry tools to analyze multiple asset classes
- Derivative Products: Learn how to monitor prices and analytics for futures, forward rates, options, and various swap types.
- Portfolio Analysis: Learn how to use its Portfolio Analytics tool.
- Productivity Suite: Learn how to integrate Factset data into Office apps.
- Universal Screening: Develop, test, and confirm investment strategies.
Please consider reading this Haver Analytics training guide where you'll find an overview of the database and its plug-in features for both Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Refinitiv's learning catalogue offers a series of training videos and certifications.
Please consider watching the first two RIT tutorial videos to get started. Several user guides have been created by RIT to help with installation, real-time data links and VBA with RIT. Click the links below to either view or download the files:
For help on getting started SDC Platinum, new users can refer to: