Introduction to SPSS Workshop
Instructor: Professor Gustave Goldmann
This interactive workshop will introduce participants to the SPSS statistical software.
Topics covered will include:
√ how to open/read-in data,
√ file management strategies for larger projects,
√ data manipulation,
√ how to merge two data sets,
√ how (and why) to use survey weights,
√ how to generate basic descriptive statistics &
√ how to perform more advanced statistical procedures.
Census! Count Yourself In!
What about the 2011 Census?|
No microdata files will be produced for the 2011 Census. There was no long-form questionnaire, see more information here.
SPSS is installed in:
- 2nd floor: rooms 2175 (Arts) and 2130, 2140, 2150 (for Management)
- Library,room 2010 (for All Programs)
-Main level: room 140 (for All Programs)
- 3rd floor, room 308 (for All Programs)
- lower level, room 038 (for Geography)
- 2nd Floor: rooms 2008, 2015 and 2025 (for Social Sciences)
SPSS statistical consultation in the Library Data Centre!
Location: Rm 121 MacOdrum Library
When: every Monday and Tuesday from 2:00 - 7:00 p.m.
SPSS is installed on all student computers on the Carleton campus!