What is PCCF and PCCF+?
- The Postal CodeOM Conversion File (PCCF) links six-character postal codesOM to standard geographic areas such as dissemination areas, census tracts, and census subdivisions.
- By linking postal codesOM to standard geographic areas, the file facilitates the extraction and subsequent aggregation of data for selected geographic areas.
- The PCCF also associates each postal codeOM with a longitude and latitude coordinate to support mapping applications.
- The Postal CodeOM Conversion File Plus (PCCF+) is a SAS© control program and set of associated datasets derived from the Postal CodeOM Conversion File (PCCF). The PCCF+ differs from the PCCF in that it uses population-weighted random allocation for Postal CodesOM that link to more than one geographic area.
How to access the PCCF and PCCF+ files
- Due to licensing restrictions, online access to the PCCF & PCCF+ is not available.
- To obtain a copy of the PCCF data, contact the Data Services Team