- When using the browse by author function from the Advanced search page, you will notice that Omni only offers books by the author, and not articles or other types of documents. This is because Omni is searching the uOttawa's book collection only and not its databases that contain journal articles. To find journal articles, you can use the Basic or Advanced search options, or better yet, use a specialized database.
- Omni is a shared catalogue representing 18 university library collections, including the University of Ottawa. Omni therefore displays items from all participating libraries. With respect to articles and other resource types, these originate from databases that the library subscribes to, but it is important to note that not all databases are included in what Omni displays. It is important to become familiar with databases in your subject area so that you can find resources outside of what Omni offers.
- The virtual browse shows print and digital books.
- We would suggest closing the window or tab of the Library website that you are using and to login again. If that does not work, please fill a form to our IT services.
- The library buys packages of e-books that don’t always come with elaborate descriptions of each title. These titles are findable through keyword, title, and author searching.